Loading Local Scenarios on the device
To make scenarios available locally in CenarioVR, follow these steps:
- Publish the desired scenarios from CenarioVR.
- Copy the published Zip file on the device for each of the scenarios in the <LocalPath>/localscenarios location on your device:
- <LocalPath> For Android Devices: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.trivantis.cenariovr/files
- <LocalPath> For Windows Connected Devices: C:/Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Trivantis/CenarioVR
- When CenarioVR is launched, it will recognize the zip files in the <LocalPath>/localscenarios directory and Unzip the contents to subdirectories named the same as the Zip file in the “localscenarios” folder. Depending on how much will need to be unzipped, you may see a progress dialog when you start the application as the contents are unzipped. To avoid this process, you can choose to manually create subdirectories in the “localscenarios” folder and manually Unzip the files.
- Within the CenarioVR interface, in the scenario type dropdown, select "Local Scenarios"
- If valid scenarios are available in the local path, they will be listed on the scenarios page.
- The scenario will report analytics depending on the manner of publish:
- HTML - The scenario will run locally and will not report analytics
- xAPI - The scenario will report xAPI analytics to the LRS specified in the “External LRS” settings for the publish, or the endpoint described in the configuration file below.
- CenarioVR Live (private) - The scenario will report results directly to CenarioVR
Other publish options are not supported.
Enabling “Local Scenarios Only” Mode
Local mode allows the CenarioVR app to run exclusively with Local Scenarios in subdirectories of the “localscenarios” directory. This bypasses the authentication (Login Screen) and directly launches the user into the scenarios page with only local scenarios listed.
To enable Local mode, follow these steps:
- Locate the file named AppConfig.json at <LocalPath>/AppConfig.json
- Open the AppConfig.json file.
- Set the value of "localMode" to true in the AppConfig.json file.
- If the local scenarios need to report to a custom XAPI endpoint, other than one that is specified in the publish itself, provide username, password and endpoint parameters under “xapiConfig”.
Note: If the local scenario is configured to report xAPI analytics, and the user has not provided their login credentials to the App by logging in, the user will be prompted to enter their email ID before entering the scenario. To avoid this prompt during runtime, you can set the "email" parameter under "xapiConfig" in the AppConfig.json file.
- Local scenarios will only appear in the scenarios page list when directories containing valid offline scenarios are present in the <LocalPath>/localscenarios folder.
- Only local scenarios will be available in Local mode.
- If it is a fresh installation, the <LocalPath> folder and AppConfig.json file will be generated after the first launch of CenarioVR.